Last updated: November 13, 2020
Malpack Ltd., Malpack Corp., and our affiliated entities (collectively, “Malpack”, “we”, “us” or “our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information.
1. About Malpack
Malpack is a leading manufacturer of stretch wrap films with operations in Ontario, Canada, and North Carolina, United States.
2. Types of information collected by us
While using our website or ordering our products, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personal information is any information, whether factual or subjective, about an identifiable person. Personal information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- First name and last name
- Resumé, cover letter, recommendation letters, employment history
Usage data refers to technical non-identifiable information collected automatically, either generated using our website or from the website infrastructure itself. Usage data may include information such as your device's Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers (e.g. mobile device unique ID, mobile operating system) and other diagnostic data.
3. How we collect information about you
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our website [or mobile application].
- Third parties or publicly available sources, for example, our business partners.
We only collect and process information using lawful means, including, where applicable, by obtaining your consent (including through this policy) or as otherwise permitted or required by law. Malpack will not collect information indiscriminately and will limit collection of information to that which is reasonable and necessary for the purposes it was collected or as authorized by law.
Information you provide us
We may collect personal information when you:
- complete forms on our website or in relation to our products and services;
- create an account with us on our website or through our mobile application;
- request any information from or about Malpack, such as a newsletter, e-alert, or any other information about our products, services, events or business partners;
- purchase our products and services;
- enter a contest, promotion or survey;
- register to participate in an online forum or for one of our events;
- apply for a job with Malpack; or
- communicate with us (such as via email, telephone, and the internet) with an enquiry, comment, feedback, suggestion or otherwise.
Often it is optional for you to provide your personal information, but other times some personal information is required in order to provide you with certain services. You may choose not to provide your personal information even in such cases, but that may result in our inability to serve you.
Collection Through Cookies and Tracking Technologies
A cookie is a small data file that a website may write to your hard drive when you visit. A cookie file can contain information (such as a user ID) that the website can use to track the pages you have visited and to record your preferences for future visits.
You can manage website cookies in your browser settings, and you always have the choice to change these settings by accepting, rejecting, or deleting cookies. Please note that if you disable or delete cookies, the website may not function fully or as intended. Visit the About Cookies page at visit www.aboutcookies.org or the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada page at http://youradchoices.ca/choices/ for more information on how to manage and remove cookies and other targeted advertising.
4. Use of your personal information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information and user data:
- To provide, maintain and improve our website, including to monitor the usage of our website;
- To register for and manage your user account on our website and our mobile application;
- For the performance of a contract, including the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased or of any other contract with us through our website;
- To communicate with you, including to authenticate your identity and ensure that your information is correct and accurate;
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information;
- To manage your requests;
- To administer surveys, or request feedback to improve and manage our relationship with you;
- To manage our business and day-to-day business and operational needs;
- To understand how you use our products, content and services, for data analytics, statistical analysis, internal business and marketing purposes, product development purposes, improving content, developing new products and services and (where appropriate) to personalize offers that we make to you;
- To establish and maintain communication with employees, investors, and business partners;
- Establish and maintain communication with employees, investors, and business partners;
- Comply with our legal obligations; and
- Fulfil other purposes related to any of the above.
If you apply for employment, Malpack, in order to process your job application may collect and process data about your career interests and employment history (“job applicant data”). Job applicant data is used for staffing and recruitment activities, and to maintain an inventory of candidates for current and future work opportunities.
De-identified, aggregate or anonymized information
6. Retention of your personal information
7. Transfer of your personal information
Your information, including personal information, may be processed at Malpack's offices and other facilities, and in any other place where the parties involved in the processing are located. Accordingly, your information may be transferred to and stored in Canada, the United States or other countries. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on —devices located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction. As a result, in certain circumstances, the United States and other foreign governments, courts, law enforcement agencies or regulatory agencies may be entitled to access the personal information collected and held by Malpack.
8. Security of your personal information
The security of your personal information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means, appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
10. Do not track signals
Some internet browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari, include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” or “DNT” signals. Since uniform standards for DNT signals have not been adopted, our website does not currently process or respond to DNT signals.
11. ChildrenOur website and our services are not intended for use by children, especially those under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If you have reason to believe a child under the age of 18 has provided us with their personal information, please contact us using the contact information outlined below and request that such information be deleted from our records.
12. Accessing or correcting personal informationWe take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and updated as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is used. You can contact Malpack to request access to your personal information to review its accuracy or to update your personal information. Please make a request in writing using any of the contact methods outlined below.
13. Contact us
Address: Malpack 510 Finley Ave, Ajax, ON L1S 2E3, Canada
Please note that we may need to confirm your identity or request additional details in order to process your request.
We may modify this notice from time to time and will post the most current version online.